Max Number of Images per post

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
psykokid
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Max Number of Images per post

Post by psykokid »

I looked through a few of the photo posting threads and didn't come up with anything so I'm posting here for a definitive answer.

I'm getting ready to do a pretty wordy trip report with a lot of pics and was wondering what's the limit of images linked via [img] tags per individual post? I know it varies from site to site, so I just wanted to get a number so I can add the image links to the text I've already written up in google docs and break it up into individual posts so I don't have to figure it out the hard way. Thanks in advance
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Re: Max Number of Images per post

Post by ERIC »

Uploaded attachments to this site, the limit is 10 per post. There is no limit for hotlinked off-site photos, but I recommend no more than about 10-15 per post to lessen the load time for visitors to the thread.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
psykokid
Topix Regular

Re: Max Number of Images per post

Post by psykokid »

Thanks Eric! Just wanted to get a solid number of how many hot linked images to include per post as I have run into the problem in the past with certain forum software implementations limiting the number per post. I tend to get both long winded and pic heavy on my trip reports :)