Dangerous creek crossing layer?

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
commonloon
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Dangerous creek crossing layer?

Post by commonloon »

I don't see this layer on the HST map anymore. Was it taken out on purpose? I google'd and I'm not seeing anything. It's a nice thing for early season hike planning. THx
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Re: Dangerous creek crossing layer?

Post by copeg »

It was removed a while back (data should still exist, just not visible). At the time it was limited in the info it contained, the data was way out of date, and given the variability (and somewhat subjective nature) of the information we did not have the info or manpower to keep it up to date. An alternative category I’ve wanted to add that touches on the same subject is the location of bridge/stable log crossings (although I’ve seen bridges underwater that turned me back)...would add but am short of time these days to compile them all
commonloon
Topix Regular

Re: Dangerous creek crossing layer?

Post by commonloon »

Ok. Thanks... guessed that might have been the case.