Error Message when attaching JPG

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
CarlRaillard
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Error Message when attaching JPG

Post by CarlRaillard »

Hello.

I'd like to share a jpg image with other users on the forum. "RodgersPeakArtmap.jpg" is an artmap I drew. When I drag & drop the jpg. into the message box, I get a bar of information (beneath the "Attachments" tab) and there's a little orange EXCLAMATION-MARK-IN-A-TRIANGLE icon, under the Status field. When I click on that, an error message pops into view:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, the dimensions of this image is 400 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall. That's not very big. It's just a little square picture of Rodgers Peak, one of my favorite mountains in the Lyall Group. The resolution is 300 dots per inch. The image is 218 kb in size.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Carl Raillard
Fun drawings of wild country.
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Error Message when attaching JPG

Post by rlown »

This is going to sound strange, but it is a process that works. save the image on your computer as a png file, then open the .png file and save it again as a jpg file. It will convert older formats to a recognized format. This is what I do when I use my older HP camera which has the same problem now. I use Paint to do this conversion.
CarlRaillard
Topix Acquainted

Post by CarlRaillard »

Okay! Let's try your suggested workaround.
Attachments
RodgersPeakArtmap.jpg
RodgersPeakArtmap.jpg (33.74 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
Fun drawings of wild country.
CarlRaillard
Topix Acquainted

Post by CarlRaillard »

It works! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Carl Raillard