Home Page Problems

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Home Page Problems

Post by robow8 »

For the last couple of days, I've been getting an error, "This page isn’t working right nowwww.highsierratopix.com can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500" On Chrome and Edge. If I Google HST, I can get to the forums and other stuff.
Don't know if it's just me (probably), or if it's affecting everyone.
Thanks
SweetSierra
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Home Page Problems

Post by SweetSierra »

I've also had the same error message, also from the last couple of days. But if I google High Sierra Topix community I can access the site.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

I haven't seen that error myself, but I'll flush the cache and see if that helps. I suggest doing the same on your browsers. If that doesn't help, we'll move on to other options.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

@copeg and I took a deeper look and realized that there was a directory missing that I might have inadvertently moved. It's back now, and looks like some things that were broken are now fixed. Please let us know if you have any further issues.
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by robow8 »

ERIC wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:32 am @copeg and I took a deeper look and realized that there was a directory missing that I might have inadvertently moved. It's back now, and looks like some things that were broken are now fixed. Please let us know if you have any further issues.
LOL, I just got on to say that I cleared my cache and that things look to be good again!
Thanks for whatever worked!
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

It was my bad! Our hosting company sent me a not-so-nice email saying we were over our storage limit, so I had to scramble to backup and delete backup files and such to reduce to the limit or risk having the account suspended. I just moved one folder too many, I guess lol.