Pop-up ad

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
CAMERONM
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Pop-up ad

Post by CAMERONM »

OK I am now getting the pop-ups and I think that they cross the line. I can live with the embedded advert panes, but the wholesale takeover of the screen is too much. I use Ublock Origin for pop-ups but it does not work in this case. Moderation in all things...
bobby49
Topix Fanatic

Post by bobby49 »

I just leave the site whenever I see a pop-up ad.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

adblock works so far. Haven't seen a pop-up yet. Blocks 3 ads every visit to any page.
Adblock doesn't let me access the home page, but I only go to the community index page. If I need to go to the HST homepage, I just pause adblock and then resume when I'm done.