Your thoughts on the new banner?

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.

Do you like the new banner at the top of each page?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:22 pm

Yes, I love it!
76%
It'll do
19%
I would have liked to see something different
5%
I hate it!
No votes

Total votes: 21

Buck Forester
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Buck Forester »

I like it because it shows lots of various ways to enjoy the wilderness!
wingding

Post by wingding »

I'd like to see less people and more of the beautiful scenery that I so enjoy the Sierra for. Not that the people aren't beautiful, but that's not what I go hiking to see.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Good suggestion, wingding. Thanks for speaking up and giving your honest opinion. :) Don't worry, the photos will change from time to time... I'm thinking we might have a photo contest at some point where you guys can vote on what photos you'd like to see up there. BTW, the reason I used the photos I did wasn't because there are people in them. It was because they represent the types of recreation we discuss here. When new people visit our site, I want them to get an immediate impression in their mind of what this place has to offer. Scenery shots don't paint the picture by themselves...and neither do backpacking, skiing, fishing, etc. shots on their own. This site is intended to service all the above equally, so we need to have a little of each in whatever we do. :cool:
wingding

Post by wingding »

You're correct Eric - not everyone enjoys the same activities in the High Sierra. Sometimes my vision is myopic.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

I like the idea of changing the pictures from time to time with a set of fresh ones...I love that you have one of a Sierra wildflower..I think the wildflowers are great to have :) maybe each season doing something to fit with that season like.. some nice fall color pictures during the fall season maybe, wintertime maybe more pictures with snow, spring, maybe a picture of a waterfall at full force from the run off, summer...a pretty meadow all green. I too would like to see a bit less people like Wingding mentions, not all the pictures without people, maybe half & half say, but that is just my opinion. I would like to see one with some wildlife..just a thought. Thank you very much for having the banner..I think it really adds a nice welcoming feel :)
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

How about linking the banner back to the forum home page again?
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Hikin Mike wrote:How about linking the banner back to the forum home page again?

Done! (But you could have just as easily clicked on the word "community", too.) :unibrow:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

True. Didn't you have the old banner linked?

Just tried it...for some reason it isn't working.
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Hikin Mike wrote:True. Didn't you have the old banner linked?

Just tried it...for some reason it isn't working.
Yes, I think it was. This one is a little different thoug in that it uses javascript for the drop down menu. Try refreshing your browswer and click on the banner again (above the menu). Works fine for me in both IE and Firefox.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Refreshing didn't help. Don't worry about it. :)