Did I get timed out

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Did I get timed out

Post by oldranger »

Eric

I just spent an hour formulating the most articulate post I have ever created. (probably isn't saying much) When I hit submit I got a message saying I had to log on. Well I had already logged on! At any rate my post disappeared. What happened? I guess the next time I feel like spoutin off I should create my message in word then paste it in the message box. Darn and I was real proud of myself, too.

mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Did I get timed out

Post by ERIC »

I'm not positive, but I'm guessing your session limit expired. Login session limits are in place on this site and many others for security reasons, as well as to make things work right (best explanation I can give without all the boring tech jargon). I extended the session limit from 1hr to 2hrs per visit, but I suggest to everyone, no matter what site you're submitting your life's work to :p , always draft your work using a text editor like MS Word. The Interweb is mighty tricky, unreliable, and unkind at times. I too have lost works that took quite a bit of time to compile because of some internet glitch. Since drafting my longer works on Word, there have been fewer instances of a mouse or keyboard being hurled across the room in disgust. ](*,)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix