Hey Eric, strange login problems mid post?

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
Hetchy
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Hey Eric, strange login problems mid post?

Post by Hetchy »

Hi Eric, I posted a message on the campfire at about 6:50 Saturday February 14. After the post I noticed a typo and clicked edit. The screen went blank for a second and then asked me to login again.. so I did, but could not get back to the edit page. This could be nothing and I really don't care that i miss-spelled the word beetle.
But I thought I would mention the glitch cause I remember the Russian hacker thing that happened with the photo uploads(I guess that is what it was, 'cause I notice Ican't upload directly anymore).
I am not complaining about anything Bro.. just mentioning the glitch.. could be that I am running Windows 98 on a home built POS machine with Fry's parts. Or it could be something else.. I dunno.
Cheers, Hetchy
PS. The David Bruce Petite Syrah 2006 was wonderfull!
You can make more money, but you can't make more time.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Hey Eric, strange login problems mid post?

Post by ERIC »

Did it happen to be the thread about guns? If so, it's probably because I locked it. If not, let me know which post/thread you're referring to and we'll see if we can't track down the problem.

Yes, that's a very nice bottle. :partyman:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Hetchy
Topix Regular

Post by Hetchy »

I kept getting script errors so I turned off that java script thingy. After I restored it everything returned to normal. The typical logic of someone who drives 60 year old rolling junk and runs 10 year old operating systems on dial up.."If it breaks, cut it off.. If it falls off, run it over and don't look back!
I am about 100 percent certain I got her fixed now.. I just hope my rusty old system does'nt crash the whole net somehow!
I wish somebody would kill this computer for me so I would have to get a new one.. Hey what was that Russian hackers name again? Kidding!
I will get me a shiny new one after the PCT.. If there is any money left. :)
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

You can get refurbished laptops that work really well for practically nothing. And I know they're readily available in your part of the world. :)
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Hetchy
Topix Regular

Refurbished.. Thats for me.

Post by Hetchy »

Where would I be able to get a refurbished one Down in the concrete pond(San Jose)? I sure would'nt mind uploading some sierra photos again... I currently have a large backlog of them on a machine that is about to swim up river to die :(
ERIC

Re: Refurbished.. Thats for me.

Post by ERIC »

Hetchy wrote:Where would I be able to get a refurbished one Down in the concrete pond(San Jose)? I sure would'nt mind uploading some sierra photos again... I currently have a large backlog of them on a machine that is about to swim up river to die :(
Piece of cake...
http://www.usedlaptops.com/

That's in San Hoser. And that link is from a quick Google search. I'm sure there are countless options out there. Yellow Pages and/or a deeper Google search will undoubtedly yield more to choose from.
Hetchy
Topix Regular

Gee I feel kinda dumb now!

Post by Hetchy »

Wow I guess I could have tried typing that in.. "Used Laptops" into Google...
I guess I am not about to startle anyone with my internet savy anytime soon.
Thanks Bro! I am gonna go sharpen a pencil or something now... Ha Ha