Re: Attached images disappeared from post

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

From a PM I received.

oldranger wrote:Eric
I posted some photos this afternoon in a tr. they were visible for a half hour according to markskor then they were replaced by the name of the jpg file. They are in my list of attachments and will open if I click on them. How can I get them to appear in my tr again?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

2 things:
First, I need a little more information such as a link to the thread you are referring to and whether the photos you posted were uploaded as HST attachments, or are hosted on another site. Second, a request. Please try to post questions like this in the "Technical Problems & Questions" forum rather than sending through PM. The reason being is that more times than not there are others experiencing the same problem or will experience the same problem down the road and posting it to the public forum makes it so I don't have to PM the same response over and over again.

Cheers!
Eric
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

Thanks Eric

I will try to do better in the future! I think I figured out the problem. I did something when I decided to edit the post yesterday. I re-edited a few minutes ago and lets see how things work out.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
ERIC
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

No worries!

By the way, I've tested the file attachment feature out and everything seemed to work OK for me. Let me know if you still have problems.

Eric
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix