Trouble viewing posted photos

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
Howie
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Trouble viewing posted photos

Post by Howie »

I see lots of references to photos on discussion trings, but I can't see them - Has anyone else have/had this problem?
thanks in advance!
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Re: Trouble viewing posted photos

Post by gary c. »

There are alot of pictures that I can't veiw from here at my work computer. The company security filters block a lot of sites like Photo Bucket which is where many pictures are linked to.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Are you seeing a red x or a question mark instead of photos, or just plain nothing? If its the former it could be something similar to what Gary describes. If the latter, what sort of connection speed and web browser are you using?
Howie
Topix Newbie

Post by Howie »

I don't see either a question mark or red x. This is a work computer with some restrictions but generally accessible to web. Usually if something is blocked I will get a pop up message indicating that.

thanks for the responses!
copeg
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

This is a strange problem problem. Many photos are linked to other websites, and if those sites are slow the photos can take a long time to load and it will look as though the page has no photos even though the page is still loading. Your browser could have some sort of content filter. I doubt this is the problem but will mention it: go to your user control panel, go to board preferences then edit display options , make sure the display images within posts is set to yes. If there are still problems, go to delete all board cookies near the bottom of the page, then log out and log back in again. If none of this works I'd chock it up your work internet or computer blocking the photos.