Welcome back!

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: AMEN! Welcome back everyone! Thanks Eric!

Post by Snow Nymph »

Bearlover wrote:Dang Russian hackers! I felt like I lost a part of my family. My god Snow Nymph has probably hiked Everest by now!
Not yet! LOL! I managed to get out to the Sierra or Death Valley every weekend except Aug 20th. Had a wedding to go to that I couldn't get out of. :\ So that broke my streak of weekends out. Made it 86 weekends!

Gotta find a hike in the Mammoth area for Saturday. Anyone hiking?
sierra_smitty wrote:BTW......who else was checking this forum like every week for the past several months???? Man, I'm stoked HST is back!
I was checking every day til Sept (vacation), then I checked 2-3 times/week. Last week I didn't check and it came back! :D :D :D
Acorn
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Acorn »

Let me add my woohoo's to Eric! While I tend to do more reading than posting, I have missed hearing about everyone's latest adventures. As to my own - after September I've decided I never want a Bison, Elk or Moose upset at me (c'mon anything that could probabaly tip my truck over?!)
yosemitechris
Founding Member

Post by yosemitechris »

I am so happy to see HST again. Thanks, Eric.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Well, imagine my surprise when I did checked the site for the first time in months. I figured Eric had completely given up, who can blame him if he had? Anyway, glad this is up and running now. Thanks Eric!
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Post by The Other Tom »

Yeah !!! I had gven up checking back every day or so, and now.... wow!!
Glad the board is back. Thanks, Eric !!
TehipiteTom
Founding Member

Post by TehipiteTom »

Late to the party here...but I finally found it, and I am enormously happy to see this community come back from the dead. Thanks so much, Eric! :D
patrick95350
Founding Member

Post by patrick95350 »

Outstanding! I was cleaning out my bookmarks, and wanted to check HST one last time before deleting it, and was very happy to see its back! Last time I checked it out was late August/early September of last year, guess I check a few weeks too early!

Sorry to hear about the hard time you were having, but I glad to see you back!

Alll the best, and thank you!
Patrick

Witty saying, obscure quotation or emotional statement goes here.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Patrick/Tom,

Welcome back! Sorry for the delay. I have a handle on things now. Worst case senario, the site goes down again with similar problems. Only this time, I am backing up the database at least once a week so we'll be able to pick up where we left off within a day or two (at the most). Hope you enjoy the new design, and all the new valuable content since your last visit.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
TehipiteTom
Founding Member

Post by TehipiteTom »

ERIC wrote:Patrick/Tom,

Welcome back! Sorry for the delay. I have a handle on things now. Worst case senario, the site goes down again with similar problems. Only this time, I am backing up the database at least once a week so we'll be able to pick up where we left off within a day or two (at the most). Hope you enjoy the new design, and all the new valuable content since your last visit.
Thanks, Eric! And thanks for all your hard work setting this up and maintaining it--it does not go unappreciated!
lostcoyote
Topix Regular

Post by lostcoyote »

Hi Eric.

Thanks for bringing this site back up. I missed it.
I did not see my username in the database so I re-registered last night. I also checked for other user names I may have been registered with before (since my memory is fading as to excactly which username i may have used before) :lol:

Anyway, it was just a shot in the dark when I typed in www dot highsierratopix to see whether the site had been reactivated or not and here it is! yippie :)