Profile Setting Changes not saving (solved)

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
mountainLight
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Profile Setting Changes not saving (solved)

Post by mountainLight »

Sorry if this was already posted. I searched around but couldn't find anything about this. When i go to my profile and attempt to update things like my location, pretty much anything and hit save i get a blank screen.

I tried entering my password to see if that was the issue but I still get a blank screen. No rush on this, maybe I am doing something wrong. I can still post and all that works, I just can't fill in more info about myself.

Thanks
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Yeah, I ran across that problem the other day. I think it has something to do with a modification I installed in an attempt to prevent SPAM registrations. I'm searching for a fix, but it might take some time. For now we're just going to have to do without.

Sorry for the trouble.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
mountainLight
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by mountainLight »

no worries. It can wait.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

Ah, that must explain the fact that recently when I look in a mirror sideways I don't see anything; my profile is messed up. Gee, I hope it gets fixed soon, people might think I'm a demon! :paranoid:
ERIC
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Problem solved.

For anyone wanting to update your profile, things should work now. Additionally, a place to enter a personal website URL has been re-added to the area where you update your profile. This feature is not available to anyone upon initial registration and is only accessible after logging in the first time and going to the profile update page.

We've been having a lot of problems with SPAM, so be aware that all URLs/users that/who appear to be SPAM will be deleted immediately!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix