Hamburger Rocks (Dehydrated Turkey Burger)

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
Hetchy
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Hamburger Rocks (Dehydrated Turkey Burger)

Post by Hetchy »

Hi, All!
I found a pretty interesting recipe for Dehydrated Meat. Namely "Hamburger Rocks".
They claim it lasts up to 2 years on the shelf.
The most interesting thing for us is the weight vs food value.. could be a great backpacking protein source!

Here is the link: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/archiv ... 83044.html

I am gonna have to make some of these and drop them into my resupplies for this summer! I can't wait to pull them out in front of other PCT'ers(My victims when I can't bother you'all!). Along with my supply of Animal crackers(In the Kiddie Box with the string handle!) should be good for a laugh!
Now why doesn't anyone want to hike with me? :-k
Cheers, Hetchy :D
You can make more money, but you can't make more time.
sierranomad
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Hamburger Rocks (Dehydrated Turkey Burger)

Post by sierranomad »

THanks Hetchy! Looks intriguing. I may give it a try for my JMT hike this summer. Have been trying to come up with a variety of tasty and light protein. =D>
Jon

"When one tugs on a single thing in nature, he finds it's attached to the rest of the world". - John Muir