Cedar Grove this week

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
mkbgdns
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Cedar Grove this week

Post by mkbgdns »

not exactly "high" sierra, but Cedar Grove opened for camping last Friday (4/28). anybody been there this week? snow level? mosquitoes? of course, streams will be very high.
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Cedar Grove this week

Post by zacjust32 »

Check out the "Kings Canyon Post Office" Facebook page. They post a lot about conditions in the area.
mkbgdns
Topix Regular

Post by mkbgdns »

thanks
limpingcrab
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by limpingcrab »

A few friends were down there last weekend and didn't mention mosquitoes, but I didn't ask. They said it was really nice. I'll be there this weekend but with the incoming cold weather we'll see how it is...
Hillbasher
Topix Acquainted

Post by Hillbasher »

Where as I didn't make it down to Cedar Grove, I did spend a few nights out sleeping on snow near Panther Gap. No mosquitoes, but there was at least 3 to 5 feet of snow still on the ground. When we got back to the parking lot at Wolverton, we met 4 people getting ready to take off on a 6 night trans Sierra ski trip, ending by going out Shepherd Pass. Was so envious.