Is there water in Yosemite Creek now?

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
adam
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Is there water in Yosemite Creek now?

Post by adam »

Hi,
I'm booked for a short backpack with the kids down the yosemite creek trail at the end of this week. Is there still water in the creek? I would have never imagined that to be an issue this time of year, but from everything I've heard about this year, it seems like it might be an issue. Thanks in advance for any help,
Adam
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Is there water in Yosemite Creek now?

Post by c9h13no3 »

Can always check the Yosemite Falls webcam...

There was flow where it crossed 120 a couple weeks ago, should still at least have pools you can collect.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
adam
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Is there water in Yosemite Creek now?

Post by adam »

Thanks for that- I didn't know there was a falls webcam!

Here is what the wilderness permit reservations people wrote when I asked them:

Yes, as of today, there is still water flowing in Yosemite Creek. Flow is lower than average for this time of year but I would anticipate that you would still be able to use it at the end of this week. We have had afternoon thunderstorms and heavy rain in the high country nearly every day this week so water sources may have more disturbed sediment than usual.

Happy hiking!

Yosemite Conservancy
Wilderness Reservations Staff