Looking for a partner for Kings Canyon 8/6 - 8/13

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
graphon
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Looking for a partner for Kings Canyon 8/6 - 8/13

Post by graphon »

Hi all, I am planning a trip some time in the range of 8/6 - 8/13 (ideally all of those days) and was looking for a partner from the bay area. I have not decided on a destination yet, but most of the ideas for loops I have put together would leave from somewhere on the west side (Courtright, Florence Lake or Edison) and do a mix of on trail/off trail exploration of the northern parts of KCNP. One possible route is sketched out here: https://caltopo.com/m/Q2AN. Some highlights of that route: Ionian Basin, Evolution Valley, peak bagging opportunities in the Brewer region, and Tehipite Valley. It would be rad! Open to modifying that route (doing it ccw, more or less xc travel) as well as other routes entirely.

About me: ~3000 miles of backpacking in various locations around the US, experienced with xc travel, comfortable on class 3/4, can do about 20-25 miles "off the couch" (i.e no trail legs) on trail without much issue, mega stoked. I also spent summer 2018 in the John Muir wilderness interning as a wilderness ranger so pretty familiar with that region

If anyone is interested let me know! I can secure permits, rent a bear can if you need one, pay for gas, etc.
applepie
Topix Newbie

Re: Looking for a partner for Kings Canyon 8/6 - 8/13

Post by applepie »

Woah this looks sick. I'm interested if you would consider a shorter trip, but in the same area. Let me try to find a way to do chat
graphon
Topix Novice

Re: Looking for a partner for Kings Canyon 8/6 - 8/13

Post by graphon »

Hey there, thanks for the interest but I ended up finding partners for a different route. I'm still interested in exploring those areas so if I decide to go later this season I can let you know.