looking for partner or looking to tag along

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

looking for partner or looking to tag along

Post by sparky »

I have next week off, and was planning on going to evolution area from sabrina, but endless postholing while solo doesn't sound so hot. So I might try lamarck col, or ?

Anyone want to join? Shoot me a PM.

Or if anyone else has something going next week and wouldnt mind me tagging along, or meeting up for a few days somewhere, or just whatever. Shoot me a PM.

5-7 days, all trailed, cross country, class 3, no class, whatever. Prefer east side or tuolumne area, no farther north than Bridgeport. I make quesadillas!
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: looking for partner or looking to tag along

Post by Hobbes »

We're going to staying at the Tuolumne campground Th-Fri night. I'm planning on dayhiking to Donohue (r/t 25 miles) on Friday. Leave around 4am, get back by 2-3pm (allows 2+ hours for hanging around @ the pass and/or along the creek). Don't know if that's your cup of tea, but there will be lots of beer/food afterward. (My wife doesn't accompany me on death marches, but rather prefers hang out & cook during the afternoon - ask Jim for confirmation.)

Toying with the idea of Lamarck -> Kearsarge around the 4th of July. Want to get on it before all the snow melts.
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by sparky »

Pm me your campsite #, I might show up if I get stymied by snow. I should be well acclimated by then.
Sierra Miguel
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Sierra Miguel »

Hobbes wrote:Toying with the idea of Lamarck -> Kearsarge around the 4th of July. Want to get on it before all the snow melts.
Thinking to do this loop that weekend. Where are you expecting snow? (I don't want snow.)