East Lake over Labor Day

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
bravefanla
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

East Lake over Labor Day

Post by bravefanla »

I'm going to hiking in to East Lake over the Labor Day weekend from Onion Valley. My hiking buddies have both moved away so I'm looking for someone to hit the trail with. I'm 53 and in good shape but I'm no speed demon (I can make it from Onion Valley to Kearsarge Pass in 3 1/2 hours). I like to end the day sitting by the fire listening to music with a cocktail and talking about life; my family (my wife and 2 daughters, work, etc. I'm a Democrat and Catholic (go figure) but don't wear either on my sleeve. I love to fish and trips like this revolve around that.

Ideally I want to hike in to Junction Meadow and then on to East Lake but I'm willing to go another direction with a different destination if someone else has a suggestion.

I live in Pasadena and will drive and split the cost of gas and food if you live near me.

PM me if interested.
peaksandpotatoes
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: East Lake over Labor Day

Post by peaksandpotatoes »

Hey there... I *might* be organizing a meet-up in Onion Valley over Labor Day weekend. A peakbagging car camp. If interested, let me know, and I'll send along the info when I get it.
http://peaksandpotatoes.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Sounds like a fun trip BF.
I like to end the day sitting by the fire listening to music with a cocktail and talking about life;
Just make sure that the Stage 2 Fire restrictions have been lifted before having that fire. :)
https://www.nps.gov/seki/learn/news/sta ... 8-2016.htm
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
psykokid
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by psykokid »

bravefanla wrote:I'm going to hiking in to East Lake over the Labor Day weekend from Onion Valley. My hiking buddies have both moved away so I'm looking for someone to hit the trail with. I'm 53 and in good shape but I'm no speed demon (I can make it from Onion Valley to Kearsarge Pass in 3 1/2 hours). I like to end the day sitting by the fire listening to music with a cocktail and talking about life; my family (my wife and 2 daughters, work, etc. I'm a Democrat and Catholic (go figure) but don't wear either on my sleeve. I love to fish and trips like this revolve around that.

Ideally I want to hike in to Junction Meadow and then on to East Lake but I'm willing to go another direction with a different destination if someone else has a suggestion.

I live in Pasadena and will drive and split the cost of gas and food if you live near me.

PM me if interested.
I'm booked over Labor Day weekend, but I'm in the Pasadena area as well and have been looking for someone to hike with up in the sierra. Going out solo makes my wife nervous when it's further out than the LA metro area. I'm sort of in the same boat in regards to hiking partners. I've got a few friends that are good for day hikes, but not much else. I have one other friend that lives in the valley that I go out with on backpacking trips from time to time, but he's young and single so his schedule and mine don't sync up very often.

I'll shoot you PM and maybe we can grab a cup of coffee to discuss things..

Jake