Maverick's 2017 Annual HST Meet-up

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
Gazelle
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Maverick's 2017 Annual HST Meet-up

Post by Gazelle »

So it is almost time I am leaving wednesday morning and starting to hike thursday morning out of Kearsage. My question is who actually is still planning on being at the meetup? From what I can tell Jimr and friends, alpinemike?, flamingo, Hobbes, and myself? Anyone else?
Kristine
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Reading from the change to Bench Lake on, It looks like:
Jimr
Oleander
Ghost
Gazelle
Hobbes
Alpine Mike
Flamingo
Richlong8
Dave_Ayers - if his knee has healed properly
Sparky - Maybe
Maverick - Maybe

If I missed someone, please chime in :-)
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
alpinemike
Topix Expert

Post by alpinemike »

After a very shaky couple weeks with medical issues, which caused me to cancel my first section with Rogue (and ironically enough he ended up bailing after 2 days), I should be set to go on my next section which means making it to the meet up. From my memory that's Bench Lake on the 27th.
Never put off a backpacking trip for tomorrow, if you can do it today...
Alpine Mike-

http://mikhailkorotkinphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flamingo
Topix Regular

Post by Flamingo »

@Gazelle -- Yes, I'll be at Bench Lake on Thursday night the 27th (and maybe also the 26th). I'm climbing Arrow Peak on the 27th. Have a safe and fun trip!
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by Hobbes »

I'll be there on Thurs, 7/27. Andy (BlueWater) is also going to try and make it as part of a larger hiking plan.
SirBC
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by SirBC »

Assuming I can get a car problem I am having sorted I plan on being at Bench lake on the 27th (and possibly the 26th).
-------------
Dave | flickr
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Dave,
Assuming I can get a car problem I am having sorted I plan on being at Bench lake on the 27th (and possibly the 26th).
When would you be planning to head up, there are folks going up from the BA, who I am sure would be happy to share a ride with you. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
SirBC
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by SirBC »

I'm heading up on Saturday. My plan was to sleep in my car on Sat/Sun at altitude to acclimate and hike in early Monday.

It's looking like it's only my battery and not the alternator so I should be good to go when I get a new battery tonight :fingerscrossed
-------------
Dave | flickr
richlong8
Topix Expert

Post by richlong8 »

Anyone have any updated trail conditions as far as snow. I am coming in over Taboose to the Meetup on Saturday, and trying to estimate snow from reports I see (which are not up to date)..... it looks like the west side of the Sierra will still have quite a bit of snow in many areas from 10000 and up. If I am missing something posted on this site, my apologies, I am in a bit of a hurry. Definitely coming, I will bring spikes, and might even bring the old ice axe. Looking forward to it
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Scroll down for the latest update Rich: http://www.highsierratopix.com/communit ... ss#p122470
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org