HST Community      Mt. Langley, Jan. or Feb. 2016

Mt. Langley, Jan. or Feb. 2016 | High Sierra Topix  

Mt. Langley, Jan. or Feb. 2016

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.

Mt. Langley, Jan. or Feb. 2016

Postby rcymbala » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Looking for a partner to enjoy the hike and to avoid doing it solo.

It would be my first fourteen-er, previously been as high as University Peak. I found a pass, let's call it "Tuttle Creek Pass." From there, it is 3.1 miles to Mt. Langley as the crow flies. That pass is at the top of a rocky ridge that is on one's Left (south) going up the 4WD trail on the way to Tuttle Creek Stone House (before it turns in to trail). From that pass, it's about 0.5 mile to the "trail" that goes to the top. It's a trail marked on some maps, which follows a drainage on the south side of the south fork of Tuttle Creek. It might be under snow, but the terrain is pretty flat compared to the rugged surroundings.

I have two 3-day weekends, which is closer to 4 days, the first Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday of January, and also of February. I get off work at 2 AM Thursday morning, back to work in Chatsworth at 6 PM on Sunday.

Interested? Or if nobody's interested, and I decide to not try to climb it solo, some time in March... April... May would work for me. Warmly,

Robert

rcymbala
Topix Acquainted

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to Find A Partner / Form A Group / Join A Group