2020 HST Meetup 9/11-9/13

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 2020 HST Meetup 9/11-9/13

Post by bobby49 »

That isn't a good date for me. That is when I do laundry.
poiru
Topix Newbie

Post by poiru »

Count me in!

If things go as I'd like them to go, I'll have been in the Sierra for 4 or 5 weeks by the time of this meetup. Expect a smelly hiker! Maybe I could even bribe one of you to bring me fresh veggies and fruits :-)
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Count me in!
Great, looking forward to hearing about your adventures leading up to the Meetup. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
grampy
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by grampy »

I’m interested - put me down if you don’t mind another “newbie”.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

grampy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:31 pm I’m interested - put me down if you don’t mind another “newbie”.
There's a name for a community without newbies: dead
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Great Grampy, the more members, newer or older, the more special it will be! :thumbsup:

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

c9h13no3 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:01 pm
grampy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:31 pm I’m interested - put me down if you don’t mind another “newbie”.
There's a name for a community without newbies: dead
So much truth to that statement. So many forums that I once belonged to decided that there fishing/hunting/camping/hiking information was too valuable or fragile to share with new members or lurkers. And I do understand that thinking. The problem with closed sites is that there is always going to be a certain amount of attrition. Without new blood such sites are domed to fad away.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Dave_Ayers »

I like the idea of having a meetup after Labor Day and will definitely try to attend despite the negatives of the TM campground.
webdweeb
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by webdweeb »

Another newbie (at least as a poster to HST) interested, if there is still room. Definitely interested in the photo opportunities of this location, lusting to get more familiar with my shiny new Canon 80D and WA lens without having to lug it into the backcountry. Moon schedule shows moving toward new moon on 17 September, so should have some good dark sky for Milky Way shots.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Another newbie (at least as a poster to HST) interested, if there is still room.
:thumbsup: