Sierra Peak-Bagging Partner Summer 2020

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
CAMERONM
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Sierra Peak-Bagging Partner Summer 2020

Post by CAMERONM »

I am interested in one or two partners for a few peak bagging trips this summer 2020, even going into October. Hopefully I can complete the California 14rs this year.
I am open to different trips but the non-technical trips I would like to do include Banner-Ritter, Mid Palisade, Mt Sill
I am also interested in either sharing the costs of a guide or accompanying someone with experience to do Russel and Muir on one trip, and the three 14'r Palisades on another.
I am a decent climber comfortable with anything up to 3+. I choked on Russel because of exposure, and Muir because of that one oft-encountered move at the top that no way is class 3.
I am super fit and train a lot, however there is no denying that at age 64 I am slower than I used to be. Consequently, I like camping the night before as close as possible to the final climb route.
This Thunderbolt to Sill Traverse trip report looks fantastic, although it may be beyond my capability:
https://www.summitpost.org/thunderbolt- ... 016/984195

I live in Los Angeles. Please don't hesitate to contact me to start a conversation!
Last edited by CAMERONM on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Sierra Peak-Bagging Partner Summer 2020

Post by c9h13no3 »

Yeah, I've kinda put the kibosh on expanding my partner circle this year. Just working with the partners I have. Not that we're super compatible since you're in LA, but just in general. Kinda sucks since I like trail running and going fast, and my partners aren't as into it as I am.

Just did Ritter-Banner a week ago. Get on it quick, the snow is going fast.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.