High Sierra Trail - June 29 - 2 spots avail

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
aaron_in_sf
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

High Sierra Trail - June 29 - 2 spots avail

Post by aaron_in_sf »

About 95% likely my daughter is going to not come with me,

this leaves me with a couple spots on a permit for June 29 entry HST. Been posting questions about the trip around the last week or so; the Inyo Creek fire has left me planning to go north and exit Onion Valley. Depending on how things break I am thinking of upper-Kern-Lake South America-crosscountry @ 3700m contour plan to rejoin the JM.

At my slow broke-down pace I imagine this to be 6 nights, with the last night at Kearsarge Lakes so as to meet the fam at Onion Valley early in the day. Trying to convince them to meet me at Matlock Lake for brunch.

Realize this is last possible minute. But happy to compare notes and needs if you are interested!
aaron