Topix Carcamp Sept 29-30

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
Rosabella
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Rosabella »

Thanks for the Contact Info, Cori... I'll call them in the morning.

Ranboze, if I am able to book a campsite for Friday, you're welcome to join me. Cori said that the sites allow up to 6 people, so if Trekker decided to come up early also, we'd still have plenty of space.

I don't drink Scotch either... but I like Myers Rum (YoHo YoHo, a pirate's life.... :partyman: )
Trekker
Topix Regular

Post by Trekker »

Rosabella, you can count me in, too! I will be driving up from San Diego Friday; just not sure what time yet-the traffic out of there is a nightmare!

I have actually stayed at Lone Pine cg on my Langley trip b/c I got in late that Friday and my car sucks to sleep in! I was actually surprised; it was nicer than I expected. There are fire pits, and even what looked kind of like a grille?! There are also bear boxes at each site. Did have a couple come in late and were a little loud, but I have a feeling we're going to be the loud group Sat. night! (Tomcat's got a reputation to uphold!) CG is at 6000 ft. if anyone is interested. No experience at Tuttle.

Pretty stoked about this trip!!! \:D/
MooseTracks
Topix Regular

Post by MooseTracks »

Ranboze, that's hysterical! :D

Hmmm... what other goodies can I concoct for this trip... mmm, chocolate raspberry cheesecake brownies? I guess I'll bring the grill, too. I'm going to have to stash all this stuff somewhere before driving up to the OV trailhead. Don't want the Truck of Fun torn open like a sardine can!

I'll probably be driving up Friday night, also, and would be more than willing to chip in for a campsite. I can do the tent or truck option, depending on space. I'm still not very familiar with all the campgrounds/areas up there, so any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
-L :cool:
"Why do I climb? Quite simply because the mountains and I had to meet." - Colette Richard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosepics621
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

OK... so I got the reservations for Friday! \:D/

Actually, I decided to stay Sunday night also... It'll give me a chance to visit some friends in the area before I head back south. So...assuming that the campground does have bear boxes (I can't imagine them not) then we'll still have access to one in the campground while we hike on Sunday.

So..... Ranboze, Trekker, MooseTracks, and anyone else who might want to come up early.... we've got room :D

MooseTracks - I wasn't sure where the campground was located, but the directions on the website are "State Highway #395, 6 miles west of Lone Pine on Whitney Portal Road" Sounds easy enough.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

looks like it should be fun.

I will try and do some route scouting soon so I can gage hiking time needed. deifnately Snow Crown for Saturday.
the powers that be have been kicking some ideas around for Sunday - options depend on how many we still have for Sunday.
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
MooseTracks
Topix Regular

Post by MooseTracks »

I'll have to determine if I can still stand up on Sunday... :lol:

Sounds great about Friday night. Thanks for doing the footwork, Rosabella! Can't wait to meet everyone! I think I might be able to shift my schedule to get out of lala land a bit earlier in the afternoon. It's still a few weeks away, though...

In the meantime I'll start brainstorming a menu... :eek:

-Laura :cool:
"Why do I climb? Quite simply because the mountains and I had to meet." - Colette Richard

quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

Rosabella, I should be in for Friday night too. Thanks for arranging this!

Snow Nymph: Cool toys. But the best toy of all is your FJ Cruiser. Better not let my toddler get near the ignition. ;)
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

quentinc wrote:

Snow Nymph: Cool toys. But the best toy of all is your FJ Cruiser. Better not let my toddler get near the ignition. ;)
Yeah, the FJ Cooler!

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MooseTracks
Topix Regular

Post by MooseTracks »

Cool! We have a cooler and a toaster:

Who's bringing the BBQ?

-L :cool:

Ranboze
Topix Regular

Post by Ranboze »

MooseTracks wrote:Who's bringing the BBQ?
Just throw some steaks on the manifold while driving from OV to the LPCG :thumbsup:
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.