10/30 Missing Hiker Alert Paradise Valley (Resolved)

Use this forum to stay informed on missing persons alerts, active SAR's and unfortunate hiker accidents we can all hopefully learn from. Any information you may have on a missing person, including first hand weather related information or any other insight (however little) may prove to be critical information to Law Enforcement / SAR in locating the person in question.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

10/30 Missing Hiker Alert Paradise Valley (Resolved)

Post by maverick »

SEKI NP:
Park Rangers are seeking additional leads to aid in the search for a missing hiker, 37-year-old Joseph Patrick Leap, from Lakewood, CO. Mr. Leap is overdue from a solo day hike out of Cedar Grove in Kings Canyon National Park. Mr. Leap planned to hike from Roads End to Mist Falls and Paradise Valley, and return to Roads End the same day.

Mr. Leap planned on departing for his hike on Sunday morning, October 29 from the Roads End Trailhead where his vehicle has been located. He is described as an experienced hiker, but not familiar with the area.

Personnel from the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks Search and Rescue Team are currently conducting ground and aerial search operations. If you have any information, please contact the park at 888-677-2746 with your name, contact information, and additional details.
Attachments
mgE1eMpw2LBm-0Tdj3DMvAlVSb8588PPs55t13UR4devjdsUQJXdKoKTNd0dvqIqz1JkSkzxTs5zupcpkNY_TjXZiSonamX5VBk86-WAngYbVT8zcWO1hYAq19PbRZaeU7dhK87wXo8w75g=s0-d-e1-ft.jpg
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 10/30 Missing Hiker Alert Paradise Valley

Post by maverick »

He has been found!
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org