Thunderbolt SEKI Resucue 8-19-19

Use this forum to stay informed on missing persons alerts, active SAR's and unfortunate hiker accidents we can all hopefully learn from. Any information you may have on a missing person, including first hand weather related information or any other insight (however little) may prove to be critical information to Law Enforcement / SAR in locating the person in question.
swierszalowski
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Thunderbolt SEKI Resucue 8-19-19

Post by swierszalowski »

Trying to get follow up on a fallen climber on Thunderbolt, 8-19-19. His friend came over Bishop Pass stating his climbing partner was unconscious after a fall. I didn't encounter this person but a group that went to locate him did. SEKI was activated at the top of the pass, confirmed by a follow up 911 call once back in service. I can find Inyo SAR reports but not SEKI. Does anyone have any info/ a good place to search?
Many thanks as the whole situation has been with me since it happened.
Sarah
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Thunderbolt SEKI Resucue 8-19-19

Post by Dave_Ayers »

Well Google Earth shows Thunderbolt just inside the Fresno County line. But I'm not seeing anything on the Fresno Sheriff website/FB/Twitter. There is also CHP Inland Air Division at https://www.facebook.com/InlandDivisionAirOperations, not seeing anything there either.
swierszalowski
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by swierszalowski »

Yeah I was told Kings Canyon was activated as it was on the west side of the pass. Thanks for looking. I am going to keep searching myself. I wish I had asked for the contact info of the group that left to go provide assistance.
Thanks
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Yeah I was told Kings Canyon was activated as it was on the west side of the pass. Thanks for looking. I am going to keep searching myself.
Usually I will receive an alert on incidents in SEKI, from SEKI, there may be a report in the following days, but haven't gotten anything yet. Will see check and see if I can get any more info Sarah.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

PM sent Sarah.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org