Eastside splitting 4/28-4/30

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
Beantown
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Eastside splitting 4/28-4/30

Post by Beantown »

My friend and I headed to the eastside for 3 days of splitting. We camped at Mcgee creek campground.

On 4/28 we went back to check out the wineglass, it didn't look great but we tried to find an easy crossing across the creek and couldn't find one so we gave up and headed toward baldwin mountain but we only rode a shoulder off some no-name mountain. The chutes in the cirque looked tasty. I'm heading back up to get them this weekend.
video

wineglass
shoulder we rode
baldwin cirque chutes

On 4/29 we went back into rock creek lake little lakes valley, all the way back to try and get to Pipsqueak Spire, but it was further and longer than we judged with lots of up and downs and when we came to the giant cirque we would have had to cross we just gave up. Still got lots of good turns in though. I dropped in from halfway up the cirque.

video

pipsqueak spire is between in the middle between bear creek spire and mt dade
turns in the cirque

On 4/30 we decided to try and find something with easy access since the day before was a long one. We went to Virginia Lakes and scored with several inches of fresh pow and more up higher. There were Lots of "grumpy old men" ice fishing on virgina lake lol. Lots of other skiers and riders out that day, we were the first ones up the bowl and got 2 runs.

video

from the top of red lake bowl looking at dunderberg
sheperd80
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Eastside splitting 4/28-4/30

Post by sheperd80 »

Great vids, looks like fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk