powder skiing the epic storm cycle

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

powder skiing the epic storm cycle

Post by SSSdave »

Afternoon at Dodge Ridge Ski Area Tuesday skied out into the pristine big red firs to commune awhile with Snow Folk. And yeah it was a deep powder skiing day though 3 days before on Saturday after storm #2 in the 3 storm cycle was down even deeper into snow on my Rossignol S7 fat skis as DR was reporting 23 inches fresh over 24 hours and 66 inches over 48 hours with snow along SR108 showing at the east end of Sonora at really low 2500 feet. But weather conditions required full battle gear as was still storming all morning and cloudy all afternoon.

But now Tuesday was nicely sunny. Like a dog itching to lift its leg to pee on a tree trunk, the Bunny Trail novice slope in front of the base area I picked on first Tuesday morning:

Shot of my track from minutes earlier while riding up Chair 8, in the 10 foot plus deep snow that covered numbers of boulders in Granite Bowl. Where my track ends one can see skiers on the groomed run Amazing Grace with the lift just right of right frame edge.

David
DAVELA
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: powder skiing the epic storm cycle

Post by DAVELA »

Gorgeous scenery and pics.I managed to play in some powder myself last week.Bring on a long,wet winter.
http://www.suwa.org/protect-greater-canyonlands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jason-Julius
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: powder skiing the epic storm cycle

Post by Jason-Julius »

Hello! I am new on this forum, I don't know much about this forum and the images that you shared is awesome and I think that ski diving is wonderful but I have never done Ski in my hole Life.