Good xc trails in SEKI

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Good xc trails in SEKI

Post by overheadx2 »

I’m headed up to Wuksachi with my wife for a weekend of xc skiing next weekend. We’ve done panther gap and part of the hump before but was looking for some info on other good areas to check out while we are there. Big meadow seams to be a great place to go as well if the roads are open. Any suggestions. Thanks, phil
cslaght
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Good xc trails in SEKI

Post by cslaght »

I can't imagine the General's Highway being open for next weekend, so BM may be out of the question. You're right though, great skiing. You may be able to ski some of the highway, Halstead Meadow isn't too far off and would make a good trip. Another interest may be going north toward Twin Lakes. As always, I'd check right before going to see the possibility.
"The mountains are calling, but can't find my phone"

Charles
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by overheadx2 »

Yes, GH is closed at wuksachi. Thanks for the input.
limpingcrab
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by limpingcrab »

Skiing up to Tokopah Falls is pretty fun for a short trip.

There's pretty much always one lane plowed for service vehicles on the General's Highway so planning to ski that probably wouldn't work too well when the gate is closed.