Southern Sierra Snow

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Southern Sierra Snow

Post by Silky Smooth »

Hey all, hope all is well and everyone here is staying safe and healthy. Its been a tough transition not working with the abrupt end of cashflow and seasonal goals being put on hold. We will see how it all sorts out. Still adjusting but as long as we make it through this safe and sane, it's all good. I am fortunate to have lady Blackout in my life who brings a smile to my face everyday.

Mother nature gave the southern sierra some good snow finally this past week and its been a welcomed distraction. Snowpack needed that desperately! It's still a weak snowpack but it gave it a good boost. This recent storm is not as potent as it seemed. Safely we played in our familiar terrain. We were fortunate to enjoy so many days of wonderful snow. But now the powder has turned to wind scoured windslab, fun pow pow turns turned into not soo fun slide and crunch. We don't have much out here in terms of resources, we pay more for everything, gas food, etc.. but we are fortunate to have theses wonderful mountains to call our backyard. Mark hope all is well and your not too restless. Blackout and I cant wait to kick it again!

Stay safe everyone!
Silky Smooth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DAVELA
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Southern Sierra Snow

Post by DAVELA »

general location?
looks nice
http://www.suwa.org/protect-greater-canyonlands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Southern Sierra Snow

Post by Silky Smooth »

Thanks D, somewhere in the Southern Sierra, lots of clues in photos

i'd be extradited and sent to LA, snow is very volatile & fickle down in hee're, the mtns & locals hold a lot of secrets