Kirkwood Caples Crest slopes

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Kirkwood Caples Crest slopes

Post by SSSdave »

Dave's tracks on shallow powder day at Kirkwood on Caples Crest slopes Wednesday Febuary 3, 2021 after 6 inches cold fresh snow was topped by a 2 to 3 inch heavier caking snow that made powder skiing difficult for most. Little blue sky on that mid 20F cloudy flat light day with snow showers. (mouse select to enlarge)
KW_CCa.jpg
KW_CCb.jpg
After skiing with plans to ski Heavenly the next morning, as I drove to South Lake Tahoe, with my tiny Canon ELPH190, the well known impressively shaped Sierra juniper at Carson Pass on SR88 right at the parking lot. Stayed via Expedia one night at a clean Stateline zone *** lodge for just $61 total. Ran my Lavoit H13 air cleaner in the room all night. Will be back up after this weekend in South Lake Tahoe to ski 3 more days.
CarsonPass-SJuniper1080p.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grampy
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Kirkwood Caples Crest slopes

Post by grampy »

Very nice Juniper specimen, Dave. Thank you.
brandoge
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: Kirkwood Caples Crest slopes

Post by brandoge »

Nice pictures, I love Kirkwood! Here are a few pictures I got from skiing last week after the storm :D
chair11_normsnose.JPG
backside_chair4.JPG
thewave.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.