Camping Near Incline Village

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
eyemgh
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Camping Near Incline Village

Post by eyemgh »

Our ski area has a pass exchange with Diamond Peak. Is there any place reasonably close that I could park the FWC, pop the top and spend the night? I can see the boundaries on Caltopo, but it's hard to get an idea of what will be accessible in the winter. I'd even camp in town, but I haven't found anything. Thanks!
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Camping Near Incline Village

Post by c9h13no3 »

eyemgh wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:50 am Our ski area has a pass exchange with Diamond Peak. Is there any place reasonably close that I could park the FWC, pop the top and spend the night? I can see the boundaries on Caltopo, but it's hard to get an idea of what will be accessible in the winter. I'd even camp in town, but I haven't found anything. Thanks!
Washoe county uses a red day/green day system to decide when you can park on a road. Call 775-833-5555, and if it's a green day (they're not clearing snow), you can park on any road where other parking rules aren't posted.

I'm always coming from the CA side, so I've never had to find a spot to crash over there on the NV side. SNO Parks allow overnight parking, but they will also bury your car in snow if they need to plow the parking lot and you're in it. Stake out your car if there's a big dump.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.