doggy ate the rabbit

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

It happens in threads where people post large photos. The thread widens to fit the dimensions of the inserted photos. There's a hack I can put in that might help, but I don't know when I'll be able to get to it.

ERIC
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
AldeFarte
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by AldeFarte »

Interesting and not much doubt it was a bun bun kill, if that is bun bun hair. I have never seen that much blood at a bun bun kill around here. They eat the blood from the snow and the magpies and ravens do the same. jls :crybaby:
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

I was out snowmobiling a few miles from home once, playing on a slight hillside, hitting the mounds where stumps were buried under the snow. I was circling one spot when I noticed something. I rode closer and had to laugh just a little. The snow told the whole story. You could see where a small critter had been standing on the top of the mound munching on a cone, you can then see a small amount of blood and the brush marks in the snow of an owl or hawks wings.
Piece of cake.