Extreme Low Wage High Mileage Daily Trudge Training!

A place to discuss any High Sierra adventure sport not covered by the other forums. Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, geocashing, cliff jumping, base jumping, 4X4 off-roading...and the list goes on!
JM21760
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Extreme Low Wage High Mileage Daily Trudge Training!

Post by JM21760 »

2 new titanium hips. Unable to perform old good paying job. New Wal Mart opening in the neighborhood? Priceless! Not! 50% less in pay, but I do 10 miles a day with a dust mop. No one bothers me, which is a good thing for them. I'm getting in shape, slowly, and am looking at an easy peak or two this summer, Dana perhaps? How's this for a twisted new sport? "Mart Schweepin'"! Look out X Games! I'm goin' for the Gold, (plated). I'm gonna call the IOC on this one. I'm hoping this fits the category, for other High Sierra Sports not listed. 4750' should be high enough right? I can see 9000' peaks from my living room!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

You can drive to some high peaks :unibrow:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/511 ... 6560TnEYqM

This was only about 200' el gain to reach Wheeler (11,661'). I think my 4Runner could have made this one. :nod:

10 miles a day is good!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kingofthemountains
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: Extreme Low Wage High Mileage Daily Trudge Training!

Post by kingofthemountains »

im sure if you can do 10 miles of sweeping you can climb some good peaks!