Do you have any toys?

A place to discuss any High Sierra adventure sport not covered by the other forums. Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, geocashing, cliff jumping, base jumping, 4X4 off-roading...and the list goes on!
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Do you have any toys?

Post by hikerduane »

I just got back from going snowmobiling for a few hours by myself. My sled is over 20 years old so I don't go with a group anymore. They all have newer sleds that go way faster and can go more places than my old thing. I thought the snow would be "go anywhere" snow. Just down lower, but it wasn't that deep closer to home. Up highter the snow was packed a little, but when you spun thru it, it was like sugar snow, no substance to it. I went close to home, left from my yard and followed a path made by a bunch of snowshoers on Saturday. They must have been a group from the college. No one out or sign of anyone after a mile from home. I would have stayed out longer but I didn't think I could get up the road much further after getting stuck in the road on almost flat ground after a short break. Not as pretty out as I have seen on other rides but still nice out. I went in the same area I was at a few years ago where I saw where an owl or hawk had caught a mouse or squirrel, you could see a little blood in the snow and the inprint of the wing tips in the snow. Last year I went camping close to home and after dropping off my pack where I was going to camp I headed up the road further to play some and got treated to some pretty views of the mountains around. Gorgeous. There is a old Forest Service Guard station still standing, made of logs and I took a photo of it, sometimes it makes for a good photo op.
Piece of cake.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

I guess the Rubicon is our toy? Its in the shop right now getting lifted 3.5" and 33" tires. SnowDude wants to get a 'tummy tuck' and bumpers and a winch, and all kinds of other things. :retard:

(:) Can't wait to get my own Rubi! (:)
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ridgeline
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by ridgeline »

SN, have seen the Toyota FJ? Its basically a retro LandCruiser, shorter wheel base, built to be comparable to the rubicon, they call it a full blown rock crawler, also comes with a six speed auto. Mid 20's for the price. Will be here April.
Last edited by ridgeline on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

All you'll see coming down the road will be tires.:) SN, ever been on the Rubicon Trail? I have bped over some of it from the Lake Tahoe side into Buck Island Revervoir a couple times. Cool to see the 4X4's crawling along. Amazing where they can go. Lots of oil drippings on rocks and scraped rocks too.
Piece of cake.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Got the Rubi back and it looks pretty cool! It sits high but I can still get in (gotta lift the leg waaaay up to get in!). :righton:

SnowDude won’t let me drive it this weekend, not until he takes it out first. :crybaby:

Since the bigger tires will kill our gas mileage, we'll be driving the 4Runner to Mammoth til it dies, then I can get my own Rubi (:) (I love that smilie!)
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

I never made the money to do something with any of my vehicles and if I did, I couldn't afford to drive them. I finally bought a used sport bike four years ago, so I get my thrills from it. :D
Piece of cake.
toyotaguy
Topix Novice

Re: Do you have any toys?

Post by toyotaguy »

I own an 82 toyota pickup that's been up there =) 9" lift 37" tires
kingofthemountains
Topix Novice

Re: Do you have any toys?

Post by kingofthemountains »

toyotaguy wrote:I own an 82 toyota pickup that's been up there =) 9" lift 37" tires
That is awesome! i've always wanted a monster truck like that!