Ride the California Sierra Nevada Mountains

A place to discuss any High Sierra adventure sport not covered by the other forums. Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, geocashing, cliff jumping, base jumping, 4X4 off-roading...and the list goes on!
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Ride the California Sierra Nevada Mountains

Post by ERIC »

"Ride the California Sierra Nevada Mountains"

Equestrian News Release
May 3, 2006

"These mountains provide some of the most beautiful trails, views and camping in the whole California Sierra Nevada mountain range," Bonnie Davis, owner of Two Horse Enterprises and 'The Trail Rider' Consulting Editor stated. "Which is the reason we selected the Euer Valley Horsecamp for our August 12th-19th Trail Riding and Horsecamping Event. Plus along with the
beauty, its easy access for any size trailer or experience of horseowners in towing is another asset."

Nestled at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountain range and bordering on the Tahoe National Forest, Euer Vally Horsecamp will provide campsites and corrals for each attendee plus nightly campfires and daily demonstrations. From the valley floor elevation of 6,000 feet, trails lead up into the Wilderness area where one can cross granite rock slides, scramble through rocks and boulders, around and into stands of timber, ride to snow packs from winters past, examine trees for bear slashes and ride to over 8,000 feet elevation with magnificent views of the surrounding mountains.

Valley floor trails wander around meadows, through stands of whispering aspen, willows, pines and firs where deer wander, birds are nesting , squirrels chatter from tree tops and Euer Valley Ranch cattle graze valley edges.

Trails are available for all riders regardless of experience in trail riding and for those taking a break from a day's ride, daily demonstrations will include Dutch Oven Cooking, Packing, Shoeing the Trail Horse and other topics. Nightly campfires include history of the Valley, riding the Pacific Crest Trail and if someone wants to bring a guitar, banjo, cowboy poetry, talk about their favorite trail, where they're from or just sing out loud, Campfires are the place to do it!

"Catered suppers will be provided the last four nights." Davis said. "Kinder's is one of the best barbecuing outfits in the west and have won numerous awards including the Best of the West Cook-Off in Reno, Nevada. Their nightly menu will vary from the Tuesday night's Taste of the West with Buffalo to Friday's supper with St. Louis Style Pork Ribs."

Reservations are required and number is limited. The 7-day package (check-in Saturday, August 12th, check-out Saturday, August 19th) includes camp site with corral, trail maps, last 4-nights catered suppers, nightly campfires, daily demonstrations, shoer on site, hot showers at the Wash House, bathrooms, Rider's Packet with side trip information and more. Fee is
$450/per attendee and is required no later than July 7, 2006. Payment by check, Visa or Mastercard.

For an Information Packet, e-mail Bonnie Davis at bonnie@horsecamping.com or
horsecamping@comcast.net, call (510) 657-5239, fax (510) 683-9162 fax or check website http://www.twohorseenterprises.com and click on 'Ride'.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ndwoods
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by ndwoods »

Ok, I'll bite....any other equestrians out there? I have two horses...have never taken them to the Sierra, probably never will, but I ride all over my coastal hills of Santa Cruz!
http://ndeewoods.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

I mentioned a TH aimed at horsepeople to a guy at work who has horses. He might go with his wife this summer from there place in Dayton, east of Carson City. I finally found the Tells Creek Horse camp, in the Loon Lake area after about 3 trips thru the area bping. The camp is outside the wilderness.
Piece of cake.