Great new Cherry Creek vid

A place to discuss any High Sierra adventure sport not covered by the other forums. Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, geocashing, cliff jumping, base jumping, 4X4 off-roading...and the list goes on!
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Great new Cherry Creek vid

Post by mokelumnekid »

Here is a way to kill some Winter down-time: check out this nice long trip down the Cherry Creek watershed- it is kind of a blow-by-blow about kayaking fundamentals in the context of a world class, hard-ass run, with acres of sunny, warm granite:

http://vimeo.com/33187111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(These guys talk 'leave no trace' but......)
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Great new Cherry Creek vid

Post by copeg »

Don't have the time to view the entire video, but from what I saw...yikes. Great video. Agree about the 'leave no trace'.

Thanks for posting.
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Thanks, I posted another vid here some time back called 'Rush's Swim" that shows him doing Cherry Bomb Falls (featured here) but his paddle breaks and he has to hand paddle it and then swim out- rough stuff :eek:
Timberline
Topix Regular

Post by Timberline »

This isn't my thing, but I do like to see how those who do it - - do it well. What a thrill! Thanks for bringing us along. :)
Let 'er Buck! Back in Oregon again!
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Thanks Timberline- stuff that hard isn't my thing either. In fact I got the livin' crap beat out of me on what would be a "baby rapid" to these guys this summer that required emergency surgery for internal injuries and had me down for most of the summer.

What I hope these videos I post bring to the mix is an appreciation that the canyons have some amazing and very dramatic scenery and challenging technical travel aspects. I'm more inclined to hike these Sierra canyons than boat them (I boat in Washington State where I live). :nod: