Big Sur Photos

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Big Sur Photos

Post by mountaineer »

Here are a couple from along the Nacimiento-Ferguson Road between Ft. Hunter Liggett and Cone Peak Rd.

copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Very cool shots mountaineer. Been dying to get up there recently, just can't seem to find time.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Thanks. They were taken just a couple of weeks ago.
ifernau
Topix Regular

Post by ifernau »

Great Shots. I must make that drive in the spring.
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

I particulalrly like the third image. But I must be biased, I have a framed print in my house that looks just like it. Great photos!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Nice fall colors! I missed them this year!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Snow Nymph wrote:Nice fall colors! I missed them this year!
The fall colors on the east side were a disappointment this year. I was there in October(Rock Creek Canyon) and there were just a few yellows scattered around. I heard that they had the first cold snap and a big wind storm about the same time and it ripped the leaves off.

The pictures in this thread were taken a little more than an hour from my house. Contrast them with this picture taken about an hour away in the other direction at Carrizo Plain NM.

I may not live in the Sierra Nevada but it isn't too bad.:)

I left my tripod sitting beside the road on the same trip I took the Big Sur photos. Absolute bummer! I called the FHL police and they went and looked but didn't find it(or THEY have a nice new tripod now!).
wingding

Post by wingding »

Great clouds!
Strider
Topix Regular

Thanksgiving weekend Cone Peak Hike

Post by Strider »

Now that crush is over, I need to hike off all the stress of 14 hour days, 7 days a week for two months. Anyone interested in Cone Peak on the Friday or Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend? I can pick someone up in the North County (San Luis Obispo.)
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

If I wasn't committed to Death Valley that weekend, I'd go. Take a bag and make it an overnighter. I took my family up there last year and we slept on the deck of the lookout tower. Wind darn near blew us off the mountain but the sunset and sunrise was awesome.