Limit of kokanee ruined by unexpected catch

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Limit of kokanee ruined by unexpected catch

Post by zacjust32 »

oldranger wrote:Just another crappy day in paradise!

Oh yeah I wouldn't normally keep a bull trout that size but I needed to smoke some fish for an upcoming event.
My condolences on the poor fishing, you'll get 'em next time.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Harlen »

"Actually there is a bonus brook trout limit in the High Sierra (S of I80) (such as the place the kids are holding the fish). It's 10 fish under 10" in addition to the usual 5 fish limit (Sec. 7b(8B) District General Regulations, Sierra District."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for vindicating my boys; I was going to head for Mexico to avoid prosecution. Y, pues, hablamos español, pero no hay bastante montañas en México.
However, it seems that we were within the legal limit with those 17 fish, and we might also be saved by some statute of limitations, as those photos are from about 7 years back? Is there a lawyer among us? And finally, we ate them all, thereby destroying the evidence. Whew, Harlen.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

What is the exact point where "in possesion" ends: in the mouth or down the hatch? Loved the photo of the kids. My grandkids have watched too many cartoons- they will catch fish but won't eat them once they look into their eyes.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

It ends when the evidence is destroyed, so I guess it would depend on how well the bones have been dispersed.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

Fyi I sneaked a little of the smoked bull trout. Tasted just like smoked salmon. Nothing quite like a beer, smoked salmon or bull trout (char), and watching baseball. Unfortunately the play of the Mariners lately kind of spoils the mood. Caught another 20" bull trout today and released it to grow up a bit. Kept my 5 kokanee and barbequed them for dinner tonight. Nice to fish from a boat with a top when it is raining like it was the last half of the day.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Wow that's an amazing bull trout. Nice catches, OR. Agreed on watching the disappointing play of the Mariners, but I suppose there's always next year (it seems like I say it earlier and earlier each season).
fish4gold
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by fish4gold »

Nice fish!!! What a way to ruin the day 😀