Two Good days fishing

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Two Good days fishing

Post by oldranger »

Spent the last 2 days fishing Wickiup Reservoir for kokanee. Brought home 14 lbs of filets and lots of memories of a beautiful sunrise one morning and dense fog the next, fish jumping multiple times and off on long runs pulling line off the reel, fish getting off the hook right near the boat, the first 2 really spring like days, loons calling, ospreys diving, and snow covered volcanoes.
P1020749.jpg
P1020750.jpg
P1020753.jpg
P1020756.jpg
Life is good!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent

Re: Two Good days fishing

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Oh my, those fish need to go on a diet! Fat things! Do you freeze the fish for later use, or eat them all?
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Wow, that makes me salivate. Whereas my family likes eating surf perch and kelp greenling, I'd take kokanee in a heartbeat. Yes, Lee kicked my butt again fishing this past Sunday. Lee= 1 x 12" cabezon (released), 1 x 13" striped surf perch, 1 x 13" kelp greenling, 1 x 11.5" pile surf perch. Me= 1 x 11" striped surf perch. Both of us: stuck in traffic for much of the day (4.5 hrs total on the road vs about 2.25 hrs on a normal day).
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Daisy,

Shared one barbequed fish tonight with my wife, tomorrow will probably vacuum seal and freeze some of the filets for later barbecue. I will smoke the rest then vacuum seal and freeze all but a filet or two (for immediate consumption).
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!