Deleted

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
rhyang
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Deleted

Post by rhyang »

Deleted
Last edited by rhyang on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Re: Lassen east side, June 23-25, 2017

Post by giantbrookie »

Nice report. I know nothing of the fishing in those parts, so this is very informative and interesting. That is a nice brookie, too.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dave54
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by dave54 »

The Park has not stocked any fish in those lakes since the 1980s, so all the fish are a basically wild, self sustaining population. Horseshoe gets some fishing pressure, Snag less so.

The fire was 2003(?) IIRC.

There is massive amounts of water everywhere around here. Every little rill and low spot is overflowing. A lot of forest roads are still not open. Restricts my jaunts and wanderings a bit, but I don't mind. The drought two years ago was horrendous (the year without a winter). I just think back to those days and am grateful for the water this year.

Funny you mentioned Teal Lake. It was the site of a reported UFO landing a few years back. Locals got some good laughs, and the story died away. Did you see any little grey men on the trail? :lol:
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
rhyang
Topix Regular

Deleted

Post by rhyang »

Deleted
Last edited by rhyang on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdabs
Topix Newbie

Post by jdabs »

Thanks for the report. We're heading to Lassen in late July and will cover some of the same areas. Appreciate the info, especially hearing that bugs aren't too bad! I'll post a report when we return. :D
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by zacjust32 »

Very cool. I'm looking to do a short trip in Lassen next summer and this makes the wait that much harder.