Zion?

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Zion?

Post by overheadx2 »

I'm headed up to Zion on Oct 12th and was looking for some intel. I plan on doing the touristy things like the Narrows, Angels Landing and the Emerald pools. Any must do hikes that are amazing and gets you away from the crowds a little?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Zion?

Post by maverick »

If you have some canyoneering experience (or get a guide), then the Subway, is the best in all of Zion, it is a blast. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

Observation Point! You can look down on Angels Landing!
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
cslaght
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by cslaght »

I'd have to second the Subway, I haven't personally done it, but it's on the bucket list
"The mountains are calling, but can't find my phone"

Charles