…too real to be shown to someone I don’t know

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Re: …too real to be shown to someone I don’t know

Post by Wandering Daisy »

We have already taken our dog into Canada, so know the procedure. The main worry is travel on an airplane, given all the horror stories lately about dead pets when transported on planes.

Ed, it is so great to see your trip reports since we rarely think of the UK for backpacking. I am however aware of the rock climbing areas, that are quite famous worldwide. And it is well known that the Brits do quite well with Himalayan climbing due to their stoic acceptance of foul weather.
BayHiker
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BayHiker »

What a treat of a TR, Ed. Great pictures, great words.
BayHiker
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BayHiker »

Wandering Daisy wrote:Another one of your adventures. Thanks for the wonderful photos. But I am not sure exactly where these hikes are. Are your trips on public land or private? I thought I had once heard that in UK, the public has access to private land along the fence lines? Or are your trips on land that is similar to our National Forests? Do people to hut-to-hut hiking in this area? Or is it more wild.
Wandering Daisy, if you're interested in lodge-to-lodge type hiking in the Highlands, have you looked at the West Highland Way and Great Glen Way? The WHW can get a little busy, but the scenery is spectacular, particularly the last ~35 miles. I camped when I did the WHW, but you can do it all inn-to-inn (even do baggage transfer if you like). I did a mix of camping and inns for the GGW, and it was delightful.