South Central Wind River7/23-29

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: South Central Wind River7/23-29

Post by Harlen »

Daisy writes:
The more known climbing area is the Cirque of the Towers where I have done more climbing. The Cirque has excellent, clean rock. Pingora Peak, below, has many great routes. In fact, I climbed it in 2002 with RJ Secor. We also climbed Wolfshead, which is one of the "50 Classic Routes of North America". Not sure if you are familiar with that old book.
I am not familiar with the book, but Wolfshead must be a spectacular climb. I have made a pilgrimage into the Cirque of the Towers, which is surely one of the finest mountain clusters in all the land! And since my totem animal is the Jackass, how could I not visit "Jackass Pass? Climbing friends have also climbed Pingora, and rave about the rock. Congratulations on your climbs Daisy, and thank you for the fine reports. The Harlens.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I finally got some of the panoramas done:
8643-47_BlackJoeLk.jpg
8612-13_view to Surveyors Notch_edited-1.jpg
8593-5_BearLake.jpg
8715-16_UpperBrLks_ALT2_edited-2.jpg
7839-44_LSFLake_edited-1.jpg
8780-82_BaptisteLake_ALT.jpg
8809-10_Better_BaptisteBench.jpg
8804-6-7_Better_MtHooker_edited-2.jpg
8820-21_Hooker_fromBearEars.jpg
8836-7_EastFork.jpg
8847-52_EastFork_5 merged_edited-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom_H
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Tom_H »

Breathtaking! Thank you so much for posting these. You keep this over the hill old goat inspired!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I hate to admit this, but after ALL these years with Photoshop Elements 10, I thought there was no photo merging program so I stitched the photos together in another program which is not as easy to use, and has more distortions so had to hand-filled in edges with the clone stamp. Who would have thought, but the merge program in Photoshop is under "File/new". :o So I went back an re-merged all the panoramas. The last one was 5 photos and my computer did not have enough ROM to fill in the blank parts, so I did it with the clone stamp, so there are some bad sky matches. The other ones are "auto-completed". I will try to post those from the other trips the next few days.