DVNP Fuel

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
eyemgh
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

DVNP Fuel

Post by eyemgh »

I'll be headed from Bishop to JTNP through DVNP and Mojave National Preserve. I'll enter at Panamint and exit either via 190 at Death Valley Junction or via 178 to Shoshone. The distance between Bishop and 29 Palms where I can fuel up at a non-hostage price is 540 miles give or take. Even with 5 gallons extra I can only go 420 miles, and that's VERY best case. I'll need fuel somewhere along the way. Any suggestions on the best places that are open 7 days a week and don't require a second mortgage for half a tank? Thanks!
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: DVNP Fuel

Post by austex »

Gas Buddy is a great app. Use it all the time
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by bobby49 »

I always gas up in Lone Pine.

On the other side, I generally gas up in Baker.
eyemgh
Topix Acquainted

Post by eyemgh »

Thanks! I looked up some of the smaller towns on Gas Buddy w/ Zip, but they didn't show. It just did with the city name though and VOILA!!! Are there options in both that are open on Sunday. I had a little scare last weekend in Frenchglen.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

eyemgh wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:33 pm Thanks! I looked up some of the smaller towns on Gas Buddy w/ Zip, but they didn't show. It just did with the city name though and VOILA!!! Are there options in both that are open on Sunday. I had a little scare last weekend in Frenchglen.
In SE oregon I gas up at every opportunity, especially when pulling our travel trailer. From Bend fill up in Burns, if going to the Steens top off in Frenchglen. Heading to Leslie gulch then Jordan Valley. Heading s. from Bend fill up in Paisley or if heading to California I can make it to Lakeview. The key to me is when heading to the boonies is have as close to full tank as possible.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
eyemgh
Topix Acquainted

Post by eyemgh »

oldranger wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:51 pm
eyemgh wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:33 pm Thanks! I looked up some of the smaller towns on Gas Buddy w/ Zip, but they didn't show. It just did with the city name though and VOILA!!! Are there options in both that are open on Sunday. I had a little scare last weekend in Frenchglen.
In SE oregon I gas up at every opportunity, especially when pulling our travel trailer. From Bend fill up in Burns, if going to the Steens top off in Frenchglen. Heading to Leslie gulch then Jordan Valley. Heading s. from Bend fill up in Paisley or if heading to California I can make it to Lakeview. The key to me is when heading to the boonies is have as close to full tank as possible.
We'll be coming out of Ashland, so Susanville is NP. Frome there, Gardenville, Lone Pine, Baker and 29 Palms. :thumbsup: