Central Coast

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Shawn »

Indeed, the bay amazes me every time I see it. It is as though the colors changes with each hour throughout time.

Speaking of which, the color in your photos is amazing too!
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by mountaineer »

These are sunrises taken from the lighthouse road. The colors were absolutely spectacular. They stand out well when you use Fuji Velvia film. They are kind of crappy scans but they'll do I guess.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

mountaineer wrote:All right Shawn, give it up. Where do you work?
Here are a couple more...
Image[/img]

These are cool!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

Shawn, my old stompin' grounds before I moved to Reno a few years ago. In fact, a week didn't go by that I wouldn't take a sammich out to the pier for lunch, watch the pelicans and occassional seal. :) Usually three or so times a week. I can probably point out my home in Mountaineer's shots of San Luis Bay! :lol:

Here's one of mine of the Bay just after sunset...
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Snow Nymph wrote:
mountaineer wrote:All right Shawn, give it up. Where do you work?
Here are a couple more...
Image[/img]

These are cool!
SN, I ran up the hill near our house one morning hoping to get some good sunrise photos. The opening in the clouds to the east was so narrow that I was too late. However, the coloring was so orange that when I turned around I saw the white water tank was blazing orange. The trees were silhouetted so I spruced up the silhouette by standing in between them and holding on arm up while taking the picture with the other hand. the tank is about 40' high.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

SteveB wrote:Shawn, my old stompin' grounds before I moved to Reno a few years ago. In fact, a week didn't go by that I wouldn't take a sammich out to the pier for lunch, watch the pelicans and occassional seal. :) Usually three or so times a week. I can probably point out my home in Mountaineer's shots of San Luis Bay! :lol:

Here's one of mine of the Bay just after sunset...
Kind of a unique bay and harbor, isn't is Steve? Really unlike any other that I am familiar with.
yosemitechris
Founding Member

Post by yosemitechris »

Waaaah. I just moved from the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo) last week - April 8, to be exact. Santa Fe is beautiful in its own right but it so darn DRY!!!!
I will post some pics when I can figure out how.

Chris