show me your dog!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: show me your dog!

Post by rlown »

images don't show up. looks like they aren't public viewable.
{"errorMessage":"[NotFound] Unable to resize photoscaler-target.cloud.prod.meetup.com/highres_495566278.jpeg and upload to photoscaler-target.cloud.prod.meetup.com/photos/event/6/6/a/6/highres_495566278.jpeg due to an error: NoSuchKey: The specified key does not exist."}
LincolnB
Topix Acquainted

Post by LincolnB »

I gather that I can't post photos directly, I have to link to a website? I uploaded the dog photos to an unrelated site I manage, then deleted - but I guess they have to stay up to stay viewable here? Trying again:

Shasta:
SF East Bay, looking toward Mission Peak. She also joins me in the Sierras, whenever I'm not on parkland. Which unfortunately for her is a lot, because that's where most of the peaks are.

Driving the back roads is fun too:
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Works now! Thanks! Nice athletic dog... My JRT would have just jumped off the rock. You can upload jpegs directly to HST, but your solution works.
LincolnB
Topix Acquainted

Post by LincolnB »

How does one upload a jpeg? I don't see that under FAQ. And my next speaker is going to wonder why his engineering presentation includes dog photos -
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15593&p=117228&hili ... le#p117228
It is the upload attachment button in the full editor at the middle bottom of the screen. I think the size is still at 2MB per pic.
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

LincolnB writes:
She also joins me in the Sierras, whenever I'm not on parkland. Which unfortunately for her is a lot, because that's where most of the peaks are.
I think Schmalz and Callie found a great mountain up in Laurel Creek.
Good luck with a great-looking dog.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
bharmandvm
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by bharmandvm »

Hey all. Dr. Bob here. I am a veterinarian and hike with my service border collie (hearing). I use a really great custom pack for Ben from Groundbird. Custom roll top. Great fit. I don't pack more than 15% of his weight, but that means he carries is air dried food for a whole week plus his vet kit. He is smart...he brings along his own veterinarian :-)
SNOOOOW
Topix Regular

Post by SNOOOOW »

Clyde overlooking his domain in Tahoe.
Clyde Showers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without a People's army, the people have nothing.
jlweinberger
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by jlweinberger »

This thread hasn't been active in a little while but I've been waiting to be able to post to it since it started. Meet Rocky. He's 7 months old. He won't be joining us in the back country until next year, but for now he's happy exploring the front country trails in this magical land of sticks and snow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

nice looking dog! Sitting on the snow shows fortitude. :) What pack will he wear?