trump donates his salary to the NPS

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: trump donates his salary to the NPS

Post by Jimr »

With all due respect CC, please educate us on what that "more" is. I'm curious to know what I meant.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

IDC
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

I'm not going to continue this. Like I said before this is HST not some other forem
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Dave, Your deep, well-reasoned observation leaves me .................... shivering cold.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by Hobbes »

Jim, I have to admit I feel kind of cheated. How come I never heard any good campground philosophy? Dang, Lisa is lucky in more ways than one ... (well, actually the two of you are).

However, however, I should add that perhaps the most important aspect of your tale is whether or not it actually includes metaphors:
Tom_H wrote:The whole thing is an allegory and each component one metaphor in the allegorical story.
I agree it's a clever allegorical tale, but are there actually metaphors contained within? Where are the comparisons to actual political-economy in which to draw inferences? Is the forum the heart of HST, or is it 'like' the heart of HST?

I think outdoor enthusiasts deserve to know the answers to these and other pressing matters with respect to English grammar & composition.

:hippy:
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

Now I'm rolling off my chair! These are the best posts since markskor's description of the biker wedding he worked one summer!
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Well Hobbes, I'm flattered, but I think you give me too much credit. Ya see, I was just talking about my car.
I have this car ya see. It comes in three models……..oh, wait……...I already said that. Anyway, it kind of reminds my of my HVAC system at work (heating, ventilation and air conditioning). I call it the sippy hole. I have other terms of endearment for it, but this is family programming. So every week, it seems, I have to call in the keepers of the knowledge for these types of thing to adjust this and tweak that and replace this other thing for all to be well. You know, those guys charge an arm and a leg to apply their special knowledge. Heck, it cost at least an arm for them to show up.

What I have come to realize is that no matter how much money I throw at this thing, it's still too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. During spring and fall, it's a crap shoot. These day, I just go to work with a tank top, jacket, some vaseline and a check book, then I just bend over and…… oh yeah, it's a family show. I just grease up my pocket, pull out the old check book and write a blank check and have them fill in whatever number they need to make the darn thing work. One time, I got a check returned by the bank as non-negotiable. When I looked at it, the guy who filled in the dollar amount just wrote “MORE”. I guess that's the price you pay to be conditioned.
Last edited by Jimr on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

sounds like a chevy vega with a warped head. Happy B'day as well, Jimr.. :)
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

I'm so glad that Hobbs said what I was getting at so I didn't need to.
I like Kings Canyon camping for among other things because of thier showers. I imagine that trump will effectively shut down the showers and one of my favorite places will be less favorite. He may effectively shut down the store and restaurante there too. Cutting funding has a real, negative effect on our lives that one side ignores.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Hobbes wrote:....Is the forum the heart of HST, or is it 'like' the heart of HST?

I think outdoor enthusiasts deserve to know the answers to these and other pressing matters with respect to English grammar & composition.
Dude, that would be a simile. Or is it smilee :D