trump donates his salary to the NPS

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
cmon4day
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: trump donates his salary to the NPS

Post by cmon4day »

Jimr wrote:
This vehicle is semi-automatic with respect to navigation and performance. It has half a mind of it's own. It doesn't run on normal fuels. It actually runs on a ratio of two different fuel types. The “L” type and “R” type fuels are readily available, in general, but depending on where you are, one or the other may be in short supply, so you have to plan accordingly. You cannot use 100% of one fuel type unless you want to go in circles. All “L” type fuel and you will do left circles, sort of like NASCAR. And, the same for the “R” type.

It has a different lubricant as well. It uses a green lube that is added along with the fuel ratio. It's biodegradable, so that's cool, but it also degrades as time passes so it becomes less effective as it ages. It's also very expensive and sorely lacking in several areas of the country.
So this explains whats going on here in California. It only sells "L" type fuel causing us all to go around in circles and wasting our green lubricant.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Jimr »

Well, I believe “R” type fuels are available in this state. It becomes very interesting at the extremes. When you get drivers who like an extreme “L” type mix among drivers who prefer an extreme “R” type mix, the ensuing demolition derby can be difficult to navigate. Maybe that’s why our traffic sucks out loud. Maybe at the extreme, it’s just that nobody can get anywhere. Everything jams up to a standstill.

And the green lube spills all around, all around. And the green lube spills all around.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

ever see the "smug" episode of "south park?" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smug_Alert!
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Haven't watched South Park since x-mas of 2000
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

Comon4day
Your comment also seem purely ideological with no consideration for facts nor reality. Ideologs - yuk.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
This is why I make it a point to do this, and not by what I say, but in what I do.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

I did a little experiment last night. I calculated what I needed for my next road trip. Then I added the appropriate mix and added just enough green lube per the vehicle’s calculation. Then, I put plastic under it to capture the green lube that normally drains down my driveway and into the gutter. I had hoped to capture it and put it back into the system so it wouldn’t cost so much in lube to get where I thought I wanted to go. I knew the vehicle was void of green lube before my calculation because when I got in yesterday morning and turned the key, the motor would not turn over. So, I walked to work.

This morning, I went out and collected the green stuff my plastic had captured. Success! No new stains in the driveway and the green river into the gutter was bone dry. I poured my capture into a container and added it back to the tank. When I started the vehicle and set my destination, I was informed that I needed much more green lube to get where I wanted to go. What the…..? I rechecked the driveway. Dry! The stuff doesn’t seem to evaporate. The missing volume could not all have disappeared into thin air, could it? I’ll have to test its evaporative properties more thoroughly.

Another thing I have notice is that it has a particular scent. I can’t quite place it though. Whether it is running or parked, it doesn’t matter. I looked up several reviews and they all mentioned the scent that accompanies the vehicle. How it smells seems to depend on what review site you are reading. One site describes it like a fresh, spring morning. The other site says it smells like lawn trimmings that have sat in the recycle bin for weeks. It can’t be both. I’m so confused.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Jimr wrote:Well, I believe “R” type fuels are available in this state. It becomes very interesting at the extremes. When you get drivers who like an extreme “L” type mix among drivers who prefer an extreme “R” type mix, the ensuing demolition derby can be difficult to navigate. Maybe that’s why our traffic sucks out loud. Maybe at the extreme, it’s just that nobody can get anywhere. Everything jams up to a standstill.

And the green lube spills all around, all around. And the green lube spills all around.
I run the "R" type. But when its a 3 Ton vehicle, I pity the guy turning left in a Prius.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

I pity anyone in a Prius :unibrow:

Just kidding. Wouldn't want to get any Prius owners in an uproar.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

ok then..

[youtube_vid]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gXZeq9eXAys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube_vid]

Thought about getting one for commuting, but I tend to end up behind them all staring at their eco console... in the fast lane..