yosemite 2020

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: yosemite 2020

Post by balzaccom »

Actually, when I have been on a cruise ship and there is a health concern, the food is presented buffet style, but passengers are not allowed to serve themselves. The food is behind glass partitions, and the crew serves the food onto each plate on...just like your lunch line in elementary school, only with glass partitions up...and hopefully better food!
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Lumbergh21 »

balzaccom wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:56 am Actually, when I have been on a cruise ship and there is a health concern, the food is presented buffet style, but passengers are not allowed to serve themselves. The food is behind glass partitions, and the crew serves the food onto each plate on...just like your lunch line in elementary school, only with glass partitions up...and hopefully better food!
Now that makes sense. I was thinking in terms of a serve yourself buffet.
robow8
Topix Regular

Post by robow8 »

Markskor, I saw a thread on farcebook saying that the Tuolumne store and Post Office weren't going to open this year. Can you confirm?
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by markskor »

No real news yet...last year they opened July 1 so....
my bid is in...hoping...
My understanding is that only the store, post office, and grill to open up...sometime, Backpacker camp open too . No TM main campground, no TM lodge. I will post as soon as i hear anything. mark
Mountainman who swims with trout
robow8
Topix Regular

Post by robow8 »

Thanks. Hope you're feeling better every day.
RSC
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by RSC »

My wife and I have a reservation for TM lodge on June 29th and 30th, for what that's worth. We haven't yet received a notice of cancellation.

We also have a permit for a short trip going in the Cathedral Lakes trailhead on June 24th. However, along with the permit we received the following notice:
Your permit reservation is confirmed and will be sent to you shortly. This is a closure warning. Yosemite being available to backpacker permits does not necessarily mean that Tioga Road will be available to you. If you are unable to reach your trailhead, you will be unable to access the park.

We created this permit because we do not have an exact opening date for Tioga Road.
Markskor, it's good to hear that you're back.
RSC
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by RSC »

RSC wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:54 pm My wife and I have a reservation for TM lodge on June 29th and 30th, for what that's worth. We haven't yet received a notice of cancellation.
We got the notice:
We are pleased that the park will be able to re-open, however, through guidance from the National Park Service, it has been determined that the Tuolumne Meadows Lodge and White Wolf Lodge will not open for the 2020 season due to impacts from COVID-19.

As a result, we need to cancel your reservation for 6/30/2020.